Thursday, June 19, 2008

Initiate Launch Sequence

Warning: this could get ugly. I, like so many others, yet somehow unlike the others, have come to realize that I have something extraordinary to offer people who are blessed enough to have internet access. Yes, luckily for you, I have officially become a card carrying member of the self- aggrandizing club of bloggers who blog about nothing. I don’t really want to do this. It feels kind of like having to brush my teeth at midnight instead of going straight to bed after having fallen asleep on the couch. You know the feeling. If you don’t do something enabling you to so obviously and easily avoid bad consequences, you end up hating yourself and taking it out on those you love most.  At least as soon as I find someone who will let me love them.  By not brushing my teeth, an obvious bad consequence would be developing a rotten brown, baked bean teeth smile. I could live with that, rather than having to go to the dentist any more than is absolutely necessary.  Like if I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I have a mouth full of aluminum foil bubble gum. Dentists and their instruments and weird dentist smells scare me. I'd rather die in one of the SAW films.  I would be a terrible spy. The enemy could get anything out of me by threatening to give me a good teeth cleaning.  Or making me listen to country musi, or white guys listening to gangster rap in the car next to me..  But I digress. I think. I’ve never blogged before.

What I’m trying to get at is that I see this as a necessary task. I am so tired of feeling like a complete idiot (maybe it’s just me) hearing about all of the people making tons of money online soooo easily just being themselves. They are actually making money being themselves, which is just wrong. And I realize the inherent risk here – which of course is by offering up my own unique brand of observations I might be incontestably shunned by humanity, leaving me feeling utterly and uniquely worthless.  So I have nothing to lose in reality. If that happens (God forbid), I will shut the hell up, finally get my CDL license and ride off into the sunset with a load of something and some kind of slightly doctored manifest I think they're called.

I haven’t sold out completely though. I am an infrequent Facebook look at me look at me look at me narcissist.  Yet.  Did you know that approximately 60% of divorces files in the U.S. reference Facebook?  I heard that on Fox News, and since Republicans don't get divorced you liberals need to cool it with the Friend Finder utility.  My self-esteem quite that healthy enough to imagine you care about what I do on a regular basis. I  can’t seem to wrap my head around the whole social networking thing. It’s not that I think we don’t all have a need to express ourselves and feel validated, just not necessarily to thousands or millions of people. If those closest to us in our own lives expressed any real consistent interest in us we’d all be fine, and there would be far fewer completely unnecessary restraining orders.

So, here goes. Drum roll please.
As my first official contribution to your life, I am going to start out real brash, like I just don’t care, and recommend a movie. I realize that by doing this I may lose the rest of you (who sadly are still reading this) because expressing opinions about movies and music tends to make people a wee bit judgmental. For instance, I think people who enjoy country music evolved from retarded monkeys, the rest of us from normal ones. Are there retarded monkeys, you ask? There must be – or must have been. Retarded monkeys whose dogs died and whose retarded monkey mates had cheatin hearts. I apologize to those of you who find the word retarded offensive. Special country music loving monkeys. And by the way, it’s okay/pc to say that because there are no black country music lovers. I checked.  Well there is one but he's retarded.  So please, it’s just a suggestion. And here it is; you should definitely see LARS AND THE REAL GIRL. Why you ask? Well, besides having a message that I thought was uplifting and inspiring (but not that much), I thought it was very memorable and funny. So there. That’s it. No analysis. Just see it. You’re welcome.

Tomorrows Blog will be titled: Yoga - Somebody’s Got to Say Something.  Or maybe I'll never write another word.

12 comments:

YaYa said...

I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am that you have started a blog. I can't wait to see what shows up! Love and miss you!
*Kara*
p.s. I STILL think you should write a book or a column or something....seriously, you are wasting talent here.

Unknown said...

I am happy too!
On a totally unrelated note..I have started working out again but I may never have a tight butt because I am so severly scarred from the one time I worked out with you and you made me do 37 floor to the butt squats. I couldn't walk for a week and half and you told me that that was normal. It is NOT. But, maybe if you write me an apology note on your blog i will forget about it one day.
Love you and miss you too!

Emily and Ethan said...

Wow I can't believe I made it through your whole entry. Usually I would have lost interest, but you jump around so many different topics that it kept me interested. Welcome to the world of blogging, now I will understand a little bit about what you are thinking when you have that blank stare on your face.

Unknown said...

whoops - I meant to say butt to the floor squats not floor to the butt.

Anonymous said...

It's about time you finally found a constructive way to use your energey.. ;-)

Anonymous said...

guess i should use my energy for spelling classes...

Anonymous said...

Dustin your wit and humor has finally found venue. I know that many people will eagerly consume your every word and come away with a smile or scratching thier heads either way they will be happy or slap happy......love mom Beach

TracyB said...

Thank you, I miss your humor and I needed a good laugh. I know what you mean about all these "get rich quick" people (just from blogging) it's crazy. I think you should do some writing and get it published. You really have talent. I look forward to future post. p.s. I hate typing in those stupid word verifications.

Dorian said...

Oh Dustin Dustin Dustin.....how I miss you!!! I found myself laughing out loud! I now have something new to look forward to..... I have been thinking the past few weeks how much I miss you and now I get to have some of your humor on a regular basis. Thank you for entering the self obsessed world of blogging.

Unknown said...

I'm dieing here......I've found that the older I've gotten (in theory)the more I LOL - really obnoxiously loud - and you're now going to give me that "fix"! I swear Dusty, Dave Berry has nothin' on you! Write a number of essays - pick a title to wrtie them under like :Things People Really Think But Don't Want to Say (I'm sure you can think of a better one...)and take them to a newspaper publisher. You would be hired in a second to wrtie a weekly addition and everyone who read it would be waiting for your next entry! I've learned in life that when enough people are telling you the same thing over and over - there's a high probability that it's true and you should believe it! And as I've been trying to tell you too over the years, you should espeically always listen to your Mother. Don't just keep your family and close friends in hysterics - share it w/ the world! DO THIS!!!!!
Can't wait for your next blog....
Love you...Mom

Unknown said...

Have never really known a blogger before, at least not anybody that would admit they were bloggers. It's a great start, however, I am going to have to tell you the same thing the doctor said when I was born. "This could get really scary." The part about the monkeys reminds me of a question a comedianne once asked.I never really got a good answer to maybe You can address this. If we're supposed to have descended from monkeys, why are there still monkeys? Country music may be a factor here. Keep up the good work -Bill

Anonymous said...

continue reading this.. ambien joint pain - buy ambien san francisco